FIU ATHLETICS COMPLIANCE OFFICE (ACO) MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the FIU Athletics Compliance Office (ACO) is to function within the realm of the University's compliance structure, coordinating, monitoring and verifying compliance with all NCAA and Conference requirements, and to educate the athletics department staff members, student-athletes, the various constituencies of the University and the community regarding NCAA regulations. The ACO is committed and compelled to the principle of institutional control in the operation of the athletics department in a way that is within the rules and regulations of the NCAA, the Conference and the University.
ACO VISION STATEMENT
The vision of the ACO is to be recognized as one of the most comprehensive and proactive compliance programs in the areas of institutional control, education, and rules violation prevention. The ACO shall do so by remaining dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of excellence and professionalism while working together with all athletics staff members, student-athletes, FIU personnel, alumni, boosters, and the external community. An environment that promotes respect, communication and teamwork will be the byproduct. Professional growth in the area of rules compliance will be encouraged and accomplished by fostering an environment that is supportive of the NCAA operating principles of competitive equity, diversity, gender equity, and improvement of the personal well-being of our student-athletes.
COMPLIANCE PLAN OF ACTION
- GOAL #1: Establish institutional policies and procedures to prevent violations of NCAA, Conference and University rules.
- GOAL #2: Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethical conduct and adhere to the principles of institutional control.
- GOAL #3: Develop a compliance atmosphere where the ACO is utilized as a means for education and prevention of rules violations.
- GOAL #4: Strive to make the continuing compliance education process engaging, understandable, and enjoyable.
- GOAL #5: Establish clear lines of communication throughout the University on athletics compliance related issues.
FIU ATHLETICS COMPLIANCE OFFICE STAFF
The Athletics Compliance Office (ACO) is located in the US Century Bank Arena, Room 154.
Robert "Hank" Harrawood
Associate Athletic Director of University Athletics Compliance
Office - (305) 348-2843
Office - (305) 348-8394
Dr. Pete Markowitz
Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR)
Office - (305) 348-1710